Following a vote by the Panel for Education Policy on February 25, 2015, Chancellor's Regulation A-413
now permits students to bring cell phones and other electronic devices to school. In accordance with this regulation, the cell phone and electronic device policy at Esperanza Preparatory Academy is the following:
- Students may bring cell phones, computing devices and portable music and entertainment systems to school, but they may not be turned on or used at school unless specifically stated for an instructional purpose by a teacher and/or school leadership.
- Ear buds, Bluetooth hearing devices and the like are to be turned off and put away upon entry to school.
- Should a student need to contact a parent or guardian all students use the main office phones to place such phone call.
- Should a parent or guardian need to contact his or her child the expectation is that the parent or guardian contact the school at
Failure to adhere to above-mentioned expectation will result in:
- The confiscation of the cell phone or electronic device from the scholar.
- Parent or guardian will be required to pick up such device from a school official, with a meeting
- After two (2) infractions, and depending on the infraction, the scholar will lose their right to bring their cell phones to school.
If you should have any questions or concerns regarding our cell phone and electronic device policy please feel free to contact the school at 212-722-6502